The best thing I ever did as a teenager was keep a regular journal, which I sadly stopped when I got married. But it is all in here from my teenage years, the good, the bad and the (very) ugly. :) I was more than your typical emotional, crazy teenager. I have to laugh at who I was then, because I was crazy!!! But, it also means, every little thing from me and kalebs dating time is recorded perfectly. I started this journal 2 days before me and kaleb started dating, and I have a 2nd one after this one. It is hilarious to go back and read everything from our teenage relationship.
But for todays memory I chose the first time kaleb told me he loved me, which is perfect, because it also happened to be our Homecoming, which was also our first dance we went to together. It almost didn't happen because Kaleb almost, at the request of his other girl friends, who did not like me too much, asked another girl. Good thing he came to his senses and asked me. :) Homecoming in and of itself was a perfect dance! From the way that him and his friend nate asked me and my friend brianne (we had to hike up in rock canyon where they had put up a big sign and roses asking us to homecoming) to the day date ( subway at a park for lunch, played on a playground, went to the Bean Museum, went bowling). When kaleb picked me up for dinner he said, and this is quoted from my journal " he walked in and whistles and goes " you look GOOD." :) Dinner was at the Deer Creek Restaurant, where we sat and over looked the water, I still remember to this day how beautiful it was! And no one else was there.
I will spare you the CHEESY details from my journal, and believe me, they are cheesy!!! But, it was after the dance and we had taken nate and brianne home and were back at my house watching a movie. We were snuggling on the couch when Kaleb just suddenly whispered in my ear " I love you."
Can you remember as a teenage girl how exciting the first time you heard those words were?? Well, I think I was over the moon.:)
And from that day on I have never stopped loving him.
No comments:
Post a Comment