Kaleb broke my heart twice in high school while we were dating. Yes, you have my permission to punch him in the arm the next time you see him. :)
The first time we had been dating 8 months. He broke up with me, and I remember feeling like my life had ended. As a teenager, my emotions were SOOOOOO exaggerated, I think I cried for a whole day.
But then, 2 days later, he told me he missed me and would I take him back.
Duh.
But, three months later, he broke up with me again. This time it stuck. And again, I remember crying every day for like a week.
I started seeing him with other girls. And I would go home and cry.
But then we would still hang out and I would be on top of the world.
Its a little scary how much that boy ruled my world.
I don't wish that on any teenager.
I know this is why we are counseled not to steady date any one person.
As a teenager you are just not mature enough to handle those deep of emotions and feelings.
I read my journal and I was a hot mess over him.
I know in theory it was the right thing for him to do, to try to put distance between us.
But when you are in as deep as we were, its horrible, terrible, awful.
I don't recommend it for any teenager. Even though NOT liking someone that much when you are a teenager is almost impossible. Your heart loves whom it loves.
I wouldn't wish a broken heart on anyone, BUT, I know that everyone needs to go through it sometime in their life before marriage. It makes you appritiate the love you do end up with so much more.
P.S. me and kaleb never did get back together, we got married. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment