Sunday, October 6, 2013

Day 6: Coming Home

Summer of 1996 was one of the hardest of my life. And, through a decision on both of our parts, Kaleb left for two months. My best friend, when I needed him most, was gone, even though those 2 months were so amazing for Kaleb. I missed him more than I have words to say. And I know he wanted to be home with me, but where he was was really good for him. During our time apart we both made a few hard decisions. He left the day after his birthday (july 2nd) and he came home on mine ( aug. 29th).
This is him and me reunited at the airport. Honestly one of the best days of my life. I'll never forget him walking off the airplane and me getting the best hug of my life. 
Absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder!!

No comments: