Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 9: seconds

So, the first picture doesn't have anything to do with the 2nd picture, except they were both for anniversaries.
On like our 4th or 5th anniversary I wanted to get pictures done of me and kaleb, since we hadn't had them done since our engagement pictures. Of course he grumbled about it, you know how he feels about getting his picture taken! But, he loves me, so he did it. 

 This picture is what this post is really about. One anniversary, Kaleb counted the seconds that we had been married. Im not sure the exact year, I am guessing either 2005 or 2006, when we were living in our condo in orem. But I came home from somewhere and kaleb had left me a dozen roses and a present and a really sweet note. This picture is part of that note, it says,"We've been married for 
346,896,000 seconds sometime today."
He had my little sister go and buy me two outfits, a dress and then some nice pants and a top and he said to put on one of the outfits and then he would know where to take me that night.
I thought it was so sweet and romantic that he  actually took the time to figure out the seconds of how long we had been married.
You would never know it, but Kaleb has a romantic heart, deep deep deep deep inside of him. :)
p.s. I feel like I need to write a little disclaimer. Despite the things I have posted so far this month, our marriage is SO FAR FROM PERFECT!!!! Oh yeah, we have had our ups and downs, sometimes all in the matter of one day. I could do 26 posts of all the hard and ugly times in our marriage, but why would I ever choose to concentrate on those things? It has been really fun to bring up these memories of some of the good times that we have had together. I am a person who hates when people try and paint their lives and marriages as perfect through pictures and words. And yes, that is what it exactly looks like I am doing. So, I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that I KNOW that Kaleb, me or my marriage is not perfect and I am not trying to portray that at all. :) Just focusing on the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are too cute! And i love how much Kaleb loves to surprise you!!