Saturday, October 19, 2013

Day 19: runners

In June I started running, not hardly even being able to run a mile. And Kaleb has been my biggest supporter. Watching him run a half marathon is what inspired me, and then watching him run a marathon was an even bigger inspiration. He bought me new running shoes, he gives me advice when I need it, he signed me up for a 10k when I didn't think I could do it. He ran with me when it was too dark to run by myself, him not even breaking a sweat and me huffing and puffing. Today was the big day. 6.2 miles. And he was there cheering me on at the finish line. I wanted to do this for myself, but I also wanted to do it for Kaleb to be proud of me too. It was one of the hardest things I have done. I wanted to run the whole thing, not walking once. The last mile and half I didn't know if I was going to be able to do it. I was exhausted, my hips and ankles hurt. I kept praying for help, and I kept thinking about Kaleb and Celine waiting for me at the finish line. And I did it. 6.2 miles not walking one step of the way. 
Kaleb will always be my inspiration. And my biggest supporter.

No comments: