Yesterday was one of those rare, perfect days!!! It was a whole day spent doing stuff just for myself ( i know, thats very selfish, but since there so rare, i figure...why not!!!) I used a spa gift certificate I got from Kaleb for christmas and went to the salon. I got a pedicure, with awesome turquoise glitter toes, a manicure and a wash and hairstyle. It was very relaxing!! Then off I went with my M-I-L, F-I-L, and two sister in laws to go see WICKED up in Salt Lake! First we got to eat at The Roof, it was sooooooooo yummy, I couldn't stop eating! And we had the gorgeous view of the Temple and of Salt Lake Valley. We sat and ate and talked and it was just a very nice, relaxing meal. And the food....WOW!! Next it was to the Capital Theatre to see WICKED. We got to our seats and who was sitting two rows in front of us... President Monson!! It was absolutely amazing, to be that close to our Prophet, I really wished that I could have spoken to him or even just shook his hand. Also Brother Uchdorf was there, both of them with there cute little wives. Everyone at intermission was standing trying to get a look at the Prophet and he stood up and was waving to everyone and everyone was trying to take his picture. I am sure I will never be that close to our Prophet again, it just made my night all that more amazing, what a great, great man he is. But the show was just incredible!! The music and singing and the story, I loved it all. I hope I get the chance to see it again someday!! Well, and the best part was that my night did not end there. I came home and me and Kaleb watched the Jazz game.... AND THEY WON!!!!!!! It was a perfect day.
5 comments:
It really was sooo much fun. I really needed this night out!!
I hope to see it some day. Glad you guys had so much fun.
Not fair, not fair, not fair! (Foot stamping here.) But really, I'm so glad you had such a good time. That sounds like the perfect day for sure. Just don't count on another one for another 100 years or so. Hahahaha! Oh wait. That's my life...
Okay, I told Brian I've been working on not saying "I'm so jealous of you" on people's blog comments, but rather, "I'm so excited for you."
But guess what? I'm so jealous of you!!
It didn't work out for us to see Wicked this time around, so I'm crossing my fingers that they'll come back! And getting to see Pres. Monson and Uchtdorf, how cool is that? You'll remember that forever and ever.
Looks so fun - sorry we missed it. When Savannah is older I would love to take her to see it.
Post a Comment