Yeah, I am a little out of sorts. Hopefully I will sort myself out soon!!!!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Superpowers
If I could choose a super power, today it would be the ability to read peoples minds. I would like to know exactly where I stand with people and what they really think of me. I would like to know how other people view me, because I am not always sure of myself. I am feeling a little out of sorts this week with everyone in my life. My kids, my hubby, my family, my friends, pretty much everyone. If I could read people minds, then I would know if I am not as important to someone as I think I am, or maybe it would surprise me that I am important to a certain person. Or if I did something to hurt or offend someone, I would know and I could work on making myself better. Would it be better in life if the moment you saw someone, they held up a sign telling you how they felt about you at that moment. Maybe it would make life simpler, or maybe it would just make it that much harder. Sometimes, well, most of the time, I wish I didn't have to guess at people. Am I really their friend, or do I just annoy them? Am I a nice person, or do I just think I am? I get tired of the games we all seem to play with eachother. I am going to work on being a more open person, so that people know just where they stand with me, and they don't have to guess. People who are important to me, I want them to know. If I think of you as my friend, I am going to try to get that message across, whether or not you feel the same way....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ok, I have a piece of advice for you. You need to assume everyone LOVES you! Stop worrying about it. If you are treating others the way you want to be treated, trust me, they DO love you! It is so much easier to get through life this way. Continue to improve yourself so you can bless other's lives, but just decide you don't really care if there's someone out there who doesn't like you. Because Meg, I know you. And if there is someone out there who doesn't like you, they be crazy!! And that's the bottom line, the problem truly lies in them, not you. I say all this as though I never care what people think about me. But I care a lot,lot less than I used to and that has been a much more pleasant way to get through life.
Just call me Dr. Val.
I have to agree with your friend Val, just live your life and don't worry about what other people think of you. If you are being the best person you can be that is all you can do. If you try and please everyone you will just always feel like a faliure because there is no way to please everyone. Just be proud of who you are. I abopted this additude a few years ago and I tell ya it is great.
This is your 3rd vote for saying:
Screw what people think.
This post is actually a little surprising. I always think of you as a confident person who doesn't worry too much about whether people like you or not. Although, I am TOTALLY the same way. I worry, and agonize, and stress over this same thing. It's one of the worst qualities about myself. Is it a woman thing? I think so.
But, I'll let you in on my thoughts.....
"Meg is so beautiful. She is such a great friend. I wish she would give herself more credit, cuz she is a great person!!"
See!? You feel better?
If Val is gonna be Dr. Val, then call me Dr. Jamie!! :-)
I can totally relate to what your thinking! I think everyone feels this at times! The thing that gets me is that you are one of the kindess people I know and I can't imagine anyone having a problem with you!
I know what your saying in a way. I sometimes feel like no one likes me everybody hates me... I know it's just not that easy when your feeling this way to forget about what everyone thinks. So the best thing to do is something for someone else. It's the most simple thing you can do to rid yourself of those feelings. You forget about yourself for a while and focus on someone else making you feel better no matter what. And remember too Meg that there are things out there that want you to feel this way but there is someone who loves you most that want you to be happy! He always makes me feel better after a long "talk" :)
It's this stupid weather!!! Well you are my friend and I have no complaints!! I know how you feel I think I feel that way a lot too! LOVE YA!!
AMEN! Maybe it's something in the air...I'm feeling very similar thoughts.
Here's what my sign says:
First, it's big...I mean huge! It's florescent yellow, with bold black letters. It says "Meg! I love you! You are so awesome, and I am so thankful I get to be your friend again after so many years...thank goodness for blogging! Let's do lunch!" and they all end with exclamation point because I am screaming every word at the top of my lungs.
I agree with others comments...I always say "who cares what people think", but it much easier to say that in your brain, because your heart doesn't like to listen. I just love you, I wish I was a better friend. I wish you lived next door and could visit with you everyday. And... if people chose to not like you...then it's their loss! because they are truly missing out on an amazing person.
Love ya!
Post a Comment