Friday, February 27, 2009

Whats in the Can? Part 3 "The stuff"



Me and my Dad when I was in 5th grade.
Me and Devri Holdaway in 8th grade.(devri, we were so cute!! :0)
me and Liz Grantham in 6th grade. I havent seen her since I was 12!
Me and Jen Thomas in 8th grade(jen, don't you love it?)
Me and sunni in 7th grade.( sunni, your the best!)
Me and calli roberts in 7th grade.
Me and Jessica Fairbanks in 9th grade.

Me and sunni again in 7th grade. We will be friends forever!!
This is my bedroom!

Me and my sisters! My(ugly) 9th grade school picture.


Dear Daughter-
Hey! Today is jan. 18th, 1994-I am 14 years old-I want to tell you about my life and explain why I put all the things in the bag that I did! First of all-I put a picture of christ in there to remind you that he knows you better than anybody and that he luvs you so much and always will! I know that he loves me and he ALWAYS is there to listen when you need to talk and I know he answers prayers. Always trust in God. I put a picture of the San Diego temple because that is my favorite temple right now and I hope I'm worthy to get married in the temple someday. And I hope you live you live your life so you'll be able to too. I put pictures of my friends in so you'll know what they looked like as well as me! I put a Palace ticket ( does anybody remember the Palace in provo? the dance club?) in cuz I love to dance and thats a dance club where I always go and meet tons of  fine guys!(But my mom doesn't know!) :0) I put a strength of Youth pamphlet in so that you'll try and live the the church standards. I know its hard-boy do I know it-but all I ask if for you to try! I put in a picture of me and all my sisters when I was in 8th. I put in obsession cuz thats my favorite mens cologne- its the best! I put in tapes cuz that was just some of my favorite songs. The one that says "to Dustin" it was Dustin B-----------( i am not telling his last name)-he was the first guy I fell in luv with! ( yah, right meg) It took me a year to get over him. The necklace was from him. Read my RED journal and you'll get the whole sad story! :0)(NEVER,EVER!) I put in this rose cuz I luv roses to death-they're my passion! The bear represents how much I love to dance. I luv to write poems-I hope I still have ALL of them so you can read them. Well-I guess thats all! I love you!
luv-Meg Griffin (mom)

So, that is the end of my can story. What a silly teenager I was. Don't you love that I tell my daughter that my mom didn't know i went dancing at the palace, geez, and in the same sentance I go on to tell her about the strength of youth pamphlet???!!!!! I am so glad that I grew up ok:0)



5 comments:

Jen Tornow said...

Didn't you first kiss Dustin out on the patio at my house? Ha ha ha! Oh, the memories. Loved the pictures!

heidi said...

it was fun reading about what was in the can! and i loved seeing your pictures! you're so cute! it makes me wonder what i would've written to my daughter when i was 14.. hmmm.. all that i have are some journal entries & i doubt i'd share those. :)

Devri said...

Oh, that can takes me back a few years! I loved the pictures! I remember many times at the palace with you, Meg! We were always looking for the hot guys! It was so fun, but kinda pathetic, looking back. I bet Celine had a hoot looking at all your stuff!

Cori Simmons said...

Oh yes - I remember the Palace! Those were hillarious to read (Our minds were kind of messed up at that age) at least you remembered Jesus and were close to him as a teen.

Quinn said...

I like those pictures. Growing up did seem a little scary to me. Especially Jr. High. I think that is a neat idea for a young women leader to do. (put all that stuff in a can to open later. It is the first I've ever heard of anyone doing that. I'm not worried about Celine at all though. I have a ton of confidence in her. I know that she can do, and been any thing, and any way she wants. She has tons of potential, and she is smart enough to take advantage of it.