



For about five months before celines birthday I started planning on what I wanted to do. I have always wanted to do something really special for her 12th birthday. To me, 12 is a bigger bday that 13, you are preparing to enter jr. high, you go to young womans, to me, 12 is teenager. So, I had the idea to get her a limo a few months ago, but as I started to look into it, I quickly realized that it probalby wasn't going to happen. The cheapest I could find one was for a $100 an hour, and we needed it for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. With the economy going down the toilet and us tightening our belts, I knew that kind of money was out of the question. But I didn't lose hope. And it payed off. A month before her bday I was talking to my sister about it, and she told me that her old boss owned his own limo company. She would call and see if she could get some kind of a deal for me. Celine had told me that she wanted her bday party to be a complete surprise, so I didn't tell her anything of what I was thinking. Then i got the phone call from my little sister telling me that her old boss ( Brady Whittingham, thank you so much!!) had offered to let us use it for FREE!!! yes, FREE!! all we had to do was tip his driver. I was so excited that my wish for her bday was coming to real life. So, the day of her bday party she was so excited, and I was just as excited as she was. I bought her a new outfit and I got my sis-in-laws sister to come and do Celines hair( thank you kylie!!) She looked absolutley like a beautiful young woman, it pulled at my heart strings for a minute. I told her to go look outside and there was the limo sitting in front of our house, and she was yelling "no way!!" and running to it. We went and picked up each of her 8 friends at their home and each one was just as excited to be riding in a limo. It was really cool. My favorite thing was that the three boys she invited were all good friends and they all decided to dress up in their nice church suits. They all looked very handsome!! ( hopefully celine still knows them all when she is 16...) We went to Good Wood for dinner and had a great dinner and came back to our house and just let the kids eat, hang out, do whatever. I felt pretty cool when at 1130 that night the boys all told me that they didn't want to go home, but I didn't want their moms to be mad at me so I had to take them home. It really was all I wanted for celines 12th birthday and I hope she will always remember it. Thank you to her friends for making it so fun for her and for all their moms for letting the kids come! She had a few friends sleepover that night where they stayed up til 4 in the morning ( she was only a tiny bit grumpy the next day.) The funniest thing was having flash backs to my own 6th grade as girls were locking themselves in the bathroom whispering about the boys, and then pulling the boys into the bathroom to try to figure out if this person liked this person and that so and so liked this person.....I had to laugh because I remember doing the exact same thing! Oh, to be 12 again ( never, ever, ever would i!!!)
5 comments:
How fun. I am happy she had a good time. She is the cutest 12 year old ever.
Wow!! I mean, Wow!! I've never ridden in a limousine and I'm, well, let's just say I'm a lot older. Way to go Meg! Celine is so adorable. All three of my girls told me at different times on Sunday how beautiful Celine is. And she has a beautiful spirit to go with it. You're a great mom!!
What a fun party! Meg, you are such a fun mom to plan a surprise like this. Celine is a beautiful girl! I am still wondering if she opened that can you made when you were younger? What was in it?
wow!! what an amazing party!! And an amazing mom! She'll never forget her 12th birthday!
I can't believe she is 12! I was going to tell you that I tried your steak crock pot recipe, my fam LOVED it!!!!!
Post a Comment