Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Beware of the cheesiness....

Here is a poem I wrote for kaleb for valentines day when I was sixteen years old. Yes, its kinda cheesy, but hey, what 16 year old isn't cheesy??

How could i ever want for anything more
 when i've got everything in you
I don't need to know anything but that you love me too
the past is behind us, the future looks good
you make me feel the way that no other could
we've had trials and tears, arguments and fights
but despite it all it still feels so right
you've made me happier than i thought i could ever be
I'll always be grateful that you took a chance with me
knowing your here and knowing your mine
helps get me through the toughest of times
the look in your eyes, just being held in your arms
and i feel as if nothing can do me harm
I just hope that you'll always be able to see
just how much your love means to me
it gets me through the darkest days
and lifts me up by the things that you say
we've had our hard times, but we made it through
I hope you'll always remember how much i love you
you've always been there for me to listen and understand
by always trying, and doing what you can
no one else could ever compare
your always there to let me know how much you care
no one else is quite as perfect as you
i just wish you could see it too
you'll always be the only one in my heart
I hope no one could ever tear up apart
I do my best to make you happy
but the truth is, you deserve better than me
but I promise to love you and to always care
if you ever need me you know I'll be there
I hope I have all of time to prove it to you
and to help you realize
that I will ALWAYS love only YOU!

.....ok, ya'll can start laughing now!!! :0)

4 comments:

Heather J said...

I loved it, It was really good.
And to look at you guys now......
Maybe you should be a writer.

We love all of the posts about the puppy. Hadlee is totally jealous. I told her if she is good, we will stop by and see it. She wants one really bad, but I can't handle another child right now. So she will just have to pet yours.

kelsey and murray said...

LOVE THIS! It is darling!!! It so funny to look back and see what us girls would have done just to get the point across to boys! Super cute

Anonymous said...

That was great! I'm one who hates poetry, but that wasn't bad at all! You're quite the poet.

Jen Tornow said...

That was really sweet, Meg. But what's funny is that I was just thinking the other day about how you got me into writing poetry. We would spend so much time doing it (yours were always so much better than mine)! Unfortunately, I didn't keep any of mine, so I can't go back and see how utterly terrible they actually were. I'm sure I could get a huge laugh out of them today!