Thursday, February 26, 2009

Whats In the Can? Part 2


My Testimony to my daughter: 
I know with all my heart that this church is true. It is so good for your life-it helps you through the toughest and hardest times in your life. Believe me-I've been through some REALLY hard and depressing times(at 14 years old?? come on meg) If you don't believe me- read my journal! (um-hello, i would NEVER let anyone, especially my daughter, read my journals!) No- just kiddin. The standards are there to help and guide you-I know how hard they are to follow-I'm 14 and believe me I've had temptations- I try to say no but I'm not perfect and sometimes you give in.(was this the best thing to tell my daughter???) But if you mess up-there's repentance and its so cool! Always remember that God and Jesus Christ love you more than me or anybody! I know he's there and I know he listens to you and helps you along the way. I've felt him there for me-I know with all my heart that he answers prayers. Always try and stay close to God- you'll be happier-I know its hard to keep the commandments-but try and when you mess up-forgive yourself and God will also forgive you. It's weird writing to you when I don't even know who you are-but when you read this I'll be your mother. Its SO weird to think about being married and having kids. But i KNOW I'll love ya! Right now I'm planning on naming you Samantha Deseret( close, Celine Deserae) is that your name?(celine was like, thank you for not naming me samantha!) I've messed up a lot, I'll have to read you my journals(again, NEVER in a million years!!) I'm not a good example sometimes-I've done bad things-but thats why repentance is so awesome-to start over. :0) My testimony keeps growing stronger-but I have a long ways to go. Right now-I think I make more wrong decisions than right(was i really that bad? i don't remember)but I'm learning and trying so one day I can marry in the temple and have you sealed to me forever. I love life but its hard. The gospel means so much to me, even though sometimes I don't show it and do the wrong things. But always try and stay close to God Cuz it'll bring you so much happiness. The Gospel is cool-though I KNOW sometimes it seems pointless.(seriously, what is wrong with me!!)
I LOVE YOU!
love-Meg Griffin (your mom!)

I think it s good that I don't remember a lot from this age, was I really that bad???? At least I have grown from this crazy 14 year old that I was, thats ONE good thing I have seen from all this.
One more post, and I have saved the best for last...all the STUFF!!!

4 comments:

Jen Tornow said...

I love that you are sharing this! I've been trying to imagine what I would have written, but I too can't remember much from back then!

Wendy Wells said...

Yes! You were that bad! :) No you weren't! I find this hilarious! At least you kept a journal! Maybe it's a good thing I didn't!!

Cori Simmons said...

That was such a cute idea that someone had - I kind of wish I had a letter to my kids from when I was there age - COOL

Amy Jensen said...

Meg I think this can thing is pretty cool. I wish I would have done something like this to one day give to my little Gracie! BTW you shouldn't be embarrassed regardless of what you put or did Celine does need to know about reality, that people make mistakes and life is crazy. I am glad you kept talking about repentance though that is important to know even at her age! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait for Part 3.