Monday, March 2, 2009

First Impressions...

First impressions are a funny thing, I would say that most of the time they are wrong, or just not that right. A lady in my ward told me yesterday that she thinks I have so much self confidence! I wanted to laugh, because I feel so opposite! It seems most of the time I am struggling not to feel intimidated by those around me, to convince myself that my thighs and hips aren't huge....to put it simply I don't feel very self confidant. And it made me think a lot about first impressions. One of my best friends in the whole world, when I first met her, I thought she was a total, onery snot!! She worked with one of my other best friends and when I met her, that was my first impression. Boy was I wrong!! She is the sweetest, nicest person ever. And once in high school one of my really good friends told me she thought that I came across as a snot to people who didn't know me. That devestated me!!! I felt like I was anything but! So, maybe I am opening a big can of worms here, but I would love to know what peoples first impressions were of me. So, leave a comment for me letting me know, and if you want, I will do the same for you!!

11 comments:

Jen Tornow said...

Good Question! Honestly, Meg, I am pretty sure that the first time we met was actually at a party at your house. Is that what you recall? And I remember ABSOLUTELY LOVING YOU! I always remember you being so outgoing, kind, and your joy was contagious.

Anonymous said...

I think we've talked about this before, but I thought you were cute and nice!! Even SHY!! Ha ha. Now, that's funny.
My friend Cassie just posted a really cute poem on her blog that you should read. It's words to live by.

Dave and Corey Johnson said...

I know you weren't talking about me being a snot.lol. That is still so funny. I just remember you from Dance and thinking that you and Molly and Liz were cute.

Cori Simmons said...

The first time I met you - you were sitting at the kitchen bar at Quinn & Kris' old house. . you seemed very shy but BEAUTIFUL - I remember BIG brown eyes and I thought Kaleb had done well.

Amy said...

When you first came to the ward, I thought you were really youthful and pretty--probably too pretty to be nice. But then I watched you a bit, and you were actually nice too! I loved how your hair was a different fun style every time I saw you. I thought you had guts for coming to this new ward before your house was even finished. And I thought you must be full of confidence too, since you were so good looking, but found out later that you were actually insecure. Wow, fantastic AND humble! Then I wanted to be like you.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

Whoops, didn't mean to post twice--I was having google problems.

Wendy Wells said...

I was intimidated by you! LOL! I thought you were cute, shy and nice. I was the newby who knew no one and felt really uncomfortable! Who doesn't when first introduced to that crazy family?!?

heidi said...

The first time I met you I remember thinking you were beautiful and trendy and an all around happy person. :) Now I know that you are a very loving, sweet person too! :)

Kylie Blackwell said...

Oh Meg! I loved you from the first time I met you. You are a fun person that people that are drawn to. I just thought you would be someone I would love to talk to. Any I was RIGHT! You rock.

Camille said...

Meg, my first impression of you was that you were very small and had very smelly poopy diapers that I hated changing (I think you still wore cloth diapers back then, uGGGGG).