Sunday, March 29, 2009

Happy birthday to my awesome son tage!!!

8 years ago on march 30th I was not planning on having my 2nd child born that day. I was due on April 7th, and I went a week over with celine, so....But tage had been breech with his little head stuck right in my rib since I was about 5 months along( he came out with a big dent in his forehead, no kidding!) So on March 30th we went into the hospital to try to have him turned. For any of you that have never had that done, it is extremely painful!! I had to be hooked up  to a heart monitor for about 2 hours first to make sure that he wasn't in any kind of stress. Then they come in and manually try to turn the baby, but they only try for about 60 seconds. I felt like someone was grating metal on my hip bones! So, they tried to turn him and it wasnt working very well. Then the doctore turns to me and says " while we were trying to turn your baby he got stuck in a very awkward position. His head and his toes are touching, so we have decided that we need to do an emergency c-section on you."
Well, let me tell you that I was not expecting that at all! Within minutes I was lying mostly naked on a gurney while they were steralizing me and getting ready to give me my epidural. I wasn't ready at all and I had nothing with me!!! No hospital bag, no baby stuff, nothing!! So there I am lying on the gurney and Kaleb notices some young nurse guy just standing in the corner, so kaleb asks the doctor, who is that guy? And the doctor is like, oh that is just an intern, he wanted to come and watch, is that ok? And kalebs like, NO! my wife is naked here!!! good thing I have no memory of that. The c -section was scary and uncomfortable and I hated the medicine they gave me. Kaleb said I was groaning during the c-section and it was worrying him. When they pulled tage out, I was so drugged and out of it, I didn't even care, I was like, whatever! Then they put me out, and a couple hours later I woke up and I was like"where the crapt is my baby!!!" so they brought tage in, this little guy with huge hands and feet. He weighed 6 lbs. 10 oz. and was 17 and a half inches long. he had a little bit of dark brown fuzz on his head and I instantly fell in love with him. I had been so worried my whole pregnancy that I wouldn't love him as much as I loved celine, I just didn't think it was possible!! But then you realize that your love is not divided, it is just added upon. Me and tage spent four wonderful days in the hospital together, and it has been an adventure ever since!
Tage was so opposite of celine. Where celine was slow to smile and slow to warm up to people, tage loved everyone! From the time he learned how to smile, he smiled at everyone, and he melted everyones heart with his big brown eyes! As he got older his hair turned blonde, and for some reason it was the little old grandmas and grandpas that couldn't resist tage, they would come up to us in the store to smile at him and they would give him candy and quarters. He was the most adorable little boy. Tage opened up a whole new world to me of car sounds, trucks, swords, guns, gun noises, pokemon, legos, bakugan...I could go on and on. Having a boy has been a great adventure and learning experience for me. My tage is the class clown, he loves to make people laugh, he is goofy and silly and crazy and sometimes I think he is really strange. He loves his friends and would rather play then do anything else in the world. But tage is also my most emotional child, he gives me the most hugs and likes to snuggle or just be by me, but he is still all boy. He can be laughing one minute and crying the next. Life is either wonderful for him or it sucks. He has extremes in his mood and personality, and while that can make him difficult to live with, I wouldn't have him any other way. When tage is happy, he is the funnest person to be around. I love this little boy so much, but I guess that he is not so little any more. I can't believe that he is 8 and is going to be baptized, I am so proud of him, and can't wait to see what kind of young man he turns into.
Happy Birthday Tage!! I love you so much, you are such a handsome boy and I am so proud to call you my son!!!

4 comments:

Dave and Corey Johnson said...

I can't believe he is 8. He is so handsome.

Cori Simmons said...

He is the cutest kid - with the most unique and adorable personality. When we seen you guys walking the other day did you notice Savannah yelled "Hi Tage" out the window. I thought that was so funny because Aliah was with you too. She must have felt inspired to say hi to him instead. HAPPY B-DAY TAGE

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, buddy. He is SOOO funny. He really has the classic "one liners!" I remember him as a baby and he was SOOOO adorable!! I loved him to pieces from the first time I met him.

Brooke said...

Wow 8 years old! It comes so fast! He sure is a handsom boy :)