
How sad that there is nothing too exciting going on in my life, nothing to blog about. Usually I have a hundred ideas running through my head about what I want to blog about...but lately...nuttin!!! Tages 8th birthday is a week from today and his birthday party is tomorrow. He and a bunch of friends are going on a space mission at the Christa McAuliff Space Center. If your kids have never done this, it is awesome!! They have jr. missions for 7-9 year olds and then regular missions for ages 10+. The nice thing is you just drop your kids off, and they take care of the whole thing. I just have to pick them up two hours later. That is my kind of a birthday party. After his party I will concentrate on his real birthday, and then get ready for his baptism.
I have this underlying sadness lately that I don't always notice, but then it will hit me. I know I am a broken record about this, but I am having a hard time with my kids getting older. 12, 8 and 6 this year seem like big milestones to me, where did the time go?? I have had to go to a few playdays with my friends without aliah because she was at school, and I always feel a little out of place. My stage in life with my kids will always be different then those of my friends, and sometimes I love it and sometimes I am envious. I will probably be having grandkids while my friends are still having babies!!!!!AAHHHH!! I keep hoping that I will enjoy this next stage of our family life, I just don't know what to expect.
On the good side, life IS good. We thoroughly enjoyed the awesome weather last week and that makes a yucky day like today hard to take. Our dog Max is getting bigger and we are having so much fun with him. I really am grateful for my life, I try to focus on the positive things and not the negative and thats the best I can do!! :0)
7 comments:
glad to hear you are doing good! I would love to do that space thing, what is the info and where is it?
I remember doing the space mission when I was in elementary school. Way fun!
It's funny, because I envy you being at the stage where your kids are a little older. I started having kids later than most UT moms, and I want more kids, but don't want to be 60 before they are out of the house. But it's true that the time flies. I can't believe Cecily will be 4 in July!
Dont be sad!! I too had my kids at a very young age. Just sit back and enjoy each MOMENT. Before you know it you will have Grandkids and be lovin life even more. They come quicker than you think. I was thinking the other day if my oldest grandaughter is like her mother and I, I could be a GREAT-Grandma in 5 years!! YIKES!!
I'm personally looking very forward to the grandma years. But my heart breaks just a little every day as my youngest gets older. I literally would freeze time and bottle him up at this age if I could. Which is why the grandma thing is so appealing. I get to do the baby thing all over again, and then send them home!!! Can't wait. (However, it had better be at least 5 years from now. Jordan turns 17 today!)
Even the dog is getting bigger & older. . .just kidding.
You are so great! Don't be sad about your kiddos. The rest of us look forward to some of the freedoms you get to enjoy. But thanks for reminding me to cherish this time. I think we need to do lunch...it will cheer us both up. Oh...and think of what a smokin' hot grandma you will be! Lucky lady!
I took Braeden to the space center for his birthday, and I had several of the kids, including Braeden, say that it was the best party they'd ever gone to. It was really, really cool! And you know, you still have years and years before you're a grandma--don't worry! Just enjoy life :)
Post a Comment