Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Its just too fast....I'm not ready....



I knew this day was coming, I tried to prepare....but I really wasn't AT ALL!!! Celine had orientation today at the Jr. High, I went with her for moral support, but really, it was to help me realize that this is really happening, that my daughter is GOING TO JR. HIGH!!! As we sat there listening about all the wonderful (???) things that will happen in Jr. High, I started having anxiety and  feeling sick to my stomach, I thought i might throw up!! I just about had a panic attack!!! Am I ready to let my daughter really use her wings?? I feel like going to Jr. High is a whole new world, a big step for her....and a HUGE step for me as her mom.  I am not ready to let her out into that scary world. Of course she is all excited for this next stage in life...me....I could do with going back a few steps, like back to KINDERGARTEN!!! But, I know this is an important part of her growing up. As her mom all I can do is guide her the best I can and be there for her when she needs me. I have tried to impart all of my jr. high wisdom that I can think of to celine, but I am asking ALL OF YOU to give your BEST ADVICE to her about what you wish you would've known before going to Jr. High and I will pass it on. Some of you may be getting phone calls in the next few months if I feel the need to cry a little about my little girl becoming a young woman....

6 comments:

Molly said...

I would be freaking out! I am dying that Hayden is going to Kindergarten! Good Luck!

Molly said...

K-I just read your box post and I was laughing so hard! I love that Caleb was rolling his eyes!

Anonymous said...

I will cry right along with you. I still remember to this day some advice my mom gave me and that was to be nice to everybody, no matter what. -Celine won't have a problem with that!
You look so fabulous in that picture! I can see the pounds melting off.

Heather J said...

She is such a good kid, you have nothing to worry about. Junior High is such an akward, bad, weird time. I would not want to go back. She will do great!!!!

And about the last post. You were always so nice, and pretty. I really remember your eyes standing out.

The Heaps Family said...

Okay so I don't have the best advice, but what I do have to offer Celine is this...

"Remember who you are and the family name you bare. You will have many challenges in you teenage years and it's up to you to decide the path you will take. Stay involved in school programs and remember to always confide in your mother. She loves you so much and really does want the best for you, as we all do for our children."

Camille said...

My only advice would be to NOT NOT NOT go to Jr high dances. I creap out just thinking about them. She will be great though! You will too, Meg.