Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to a very special little boy...



Two years ago on March 13th a very special little boy came quickly in and out of our lives. My nephew carson was only with us on this earth for a few short hours, but he changed my life for good. No one who met him could not be a better person for it. You never think that something like this will happen to you or someone you know, and it was an experience I will always be grateful for, even though it was very painful. Watching Jamie and Luke have such courage and strength throughout this experience strengthened my testimony and I have an admiration for them that I can't put into words. They are my heros. I am so grateful that they let us share in Carsons few short hours, I know how very special he was and is. He was too perfect to stay here on this earth and got to go strait back to heaven. I still miss him and think of him often. My kids never got to meet their cousin, but it affected them as well. They had lots of questions to ask about him and why this had happened, it was a great learning experience about the gospel and eternity and about why sometimes things like this happen. I am grateful to know that families are forever and that Carson is my family and we will be with him some day. I am grateful to this little boy for making me take a look at my own life and appritiate all that I have, and hold my kids a little tighter and a little longer than maybe I normally would. Going through this with Carson made me try harder to live better, so that I CAN return to heaven and be with my family some day. I love this special little angel and I look forward to the day in heaven, I hope he is there, calling me his "Auntie Meg" like his brother hunter. Jamie and Luke are two of the most amazing people I know and I know how lucky Carson and hunter and hallie are to have them as parents.
Uncle "paula" with carson. Even in this sad circumstance, Kaleb couldn't help but be the great uncle that he is.
Saying hello and goodbye to my nephew carson. We miss you buddy!!!

6 comments:

Wendy Wells said...

Oh thanks Meg! Now the tears start flowing! Happy B-day Carson!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Meg! That was very sweet of you. I can only echo everything you said. He is a very lucky little boy to have so many think of him and remember him. Love you!!

Cori Simmons said...

Such a sweet tribute! He looks a lot like Hallie - doesn't he?

Jill Johnson said...

They have such strength I'm not sure if I could be that strong. He is a adorable little boy!!

Amy said...

Happy (Late) Birthday to your little Carson, Jamie! My sister lost her Michael too, and she looks forward to the day when she will have him back in her arms and can raise him in the millennium. He will always be part of your family, and he loves you!

And thank you so much, Meg, for sharing that. :)

Sherian said...

What a special little person. Your post is wonderful, and helps as a reminder of how sweet and precious blessings can be. Thanks.