So, this is what kaleb calls me because I insist that my kids wear clothes that actually match! Kaleb thinks I should let our children express their unique selves by wearing whatever they feel like throwing together, he says I am cutting off their ability to express themselves and their individuality......so what!!! My kids have to match, I am kind of anal about it. Am I wrong? Should I let my son go to school looking homeless so that he can "express" himself. I always tell the story about when I had aliah and celine came to the hospital dressed in the most AWFUL outfit ever. Capri pants with different colors of hibiscus flowers and colored patches and a long sleeve olive green shirt with a purple paisley print. Kaleb was so proud of himself, and of her, and I was mortified, especially when his aunt made a comment about it. Now, this does not extend to anyone else, other moms can let their kids dress however they want and it doesn't bother me, but when it comes to my kids....well...I guess I AM the clothes natzi!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
The clothes natzi
So, this is what kaleb calls me because I insist that my kids wear clothes that actually match! Kaleb thinks I should let our children express their unique selves by wearing whatever they feel like throwing together, he says I am cutting off their ability to express themselves and their individuality......so what!!! My kids have to match, I am kind of anal about it. Am I wrong? Should I let my son go to school looking homeless so that he can "express" himself. I always tell the story about when I had aliah and celine came to the hospital dressed in the most AWFUL outfit ever. Capri pants with different colors of hibiscus flowers and colored patches and a long sleeve olive green shirt with a purple paisley print. Kaleb was so proud of himself, and of her, and I was mortified, especially when his aunt made a comment about it. Now, this does not extend to anyone else, other moms can let their kids dress however they want and it doesn't bother me, but when it comes to my kids....well...I guess I AM the clothes natzi!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I was totally laughing reading this. i remember seeing the picture of Celine in that outfit, and you did have reason to be mad. Ha ha. But, it is so funny. Luke can't even dress himself, I would hate to think how he'd dress Hallie. Oh boy!!
I am the same way. I don't like to have my kids look homeless. There are days I just give in and they look a little scary. But if we are going somewhere they have to look pulled together. As far as you comment on my blog, you can still get your personal progress if you are serving in YM's. At least that is what my ward told me. I was happy to get another oportunity since I was a total slacker in highschool.
Was this why you slept on the couch? If it was HA HA HA! Trevor doesn't even try to dress the kids! He did try to straighten Ali's hair with a straightener! Can you imagine?
We are EXACTLY the same!! That is how I am! Jeff calls me a NAZI too!! MEN!
isn't it crazy how men can't seem to get the kids dressed!? Thomas can't do it either. :)
I am so with you on this one... nice thing is so is my husband so no worries. However my youngest thinks that she can do whatever, but when we leave the house she has to match. No Johnson leaves the house looking homeless.
I'm in trouble now because of you! Don't get mad at Kaleb for him venting his frustrations to Trev!! Sometimes they need to get it out too!!! Trev thought I was mad because I didn't get to go to the game! Life!! Have fun in St. George! I hope it rains and you gain 10 lbs!! :)
Post a Comment