Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Comfortable in my own skin....?

I am having an insecure day today, but then I always do the day after my dance class. For some reason I am the "fat" girl in my dance class, and I always leave feeling quite insecure about my "curves" or in other words, the junk in my trunk!! Will I ever feel comfortable about my body??? Does any woman feel comfortable with her own body? I would love to talk to one that does. Since November of last year I have lost 15  lbs. and most of the time feel pretty proud of myself, but other times, its just not enough. I feel so self conscious about how I look, and about how I think others are looking at me. I DO want to be the skinny girl, I won't lie, I want slim hips and slim thighs but that wasn't the body that I was born with. Will I ever think that I was BLESSED with this body??? I hope so. I am one of those insecure people who think that it depends on how skinny I am on if people will like me or not. I know, so lame...and who cares????Hopefully I feel more secure about my inner beauty, which I know is so much more important. But wouldn't it be great to feel as good on the outside as you do on the inside....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Meg, the curse of all women as that we are our own worst critics! You are beautiful. I'm sure half those girls in that class are thinking: "Man, I wish I had as small of a waist as she does" or... "If only I were as BEAUTIFUL as she is!" You have far too many beautiful characteristics about yourself, that you should never having any room for bad thoughts. I love you just the way you are.
Love,
J. Lo

Dave and Corey Johnson said...

Meg, Jamie is absolutely right. You are beautiful and you look great. 15 lbs that is amazing. Just be proud of yourself for going to dance and doing something that you love. Most women do not have the self confidence to do that and you do.

Jill Johnson said...

Meg- Let me first say, you are BEAUTIFUL!! I have always thought how has meg kept her baby weight off it is not fair sometimes I feel like I am the only one that looks like I just had a baby and my baby is almost 5. I know how you feel about your class, when I work out in the morning all the girls I go with are SKINNY, life just isn't fair!! But by all means you are not the FAT girl stand next to me then it will make you feel better :)! I think every woman has a complex about their body! That's just woman for you, I get so mad sometimes, I have lost 34 pounds and I just still feel so HUGE!! But then you just have to be proud of who you are I think it will always be a struggle! YOU ARE GREAT!!!! Just know that someone (me) wishes they looked like YOU!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Amy Jensen said...

Meg,
I would have to say that my guess is EVERYONE women feels this way or atleast has at one point or another. I do all the time but my only advice to you is to just love yourself and your body for who you are and except we are ALL born with things we would or could change! It has taken me a while to do this and I still have bad days but with a little therapy lol (I wish I was kidding) and stuff like that I realized it wasn't such a bad thing being me, not that I am saying you need therapy. You are beautiful and the rest shouldn't matter as long as "you feel good about yourself" and "your healthy" the rest shouldn't matter. You have three adorable kids, a loving husband (I think anyway, or as much as they can be) and tons of friends who love and adore you, me being one of them. I think you look great and you should too!

Cori Simmons said...

Okay this song has got to go! You are so classy - I don't think I have ever seen you dressed down. We all have things about us that our moms and grandmas gave us and no matter how hard you try there's not a dang thing you can do about it. CHEER UP! You have so many good qualities!

Wendy Wells said...

I know it's hard to live under my shadow! LOL! HA HA HA! I've given up trying to be something different! Meg you lost 15 lbs! Be proud of that! You're always one of the most put together girls I know! Always cute! Remember that! PS....At least your curves are in the right places! :)