Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving, Christmas, feeling grateful, being sick....Otherwise all known as LIFE!!

So, I am feeling guilty that I never did a Thanksgiving post, a post of what I am grateful for and how our Thansgiving day was. Well, the week of thanksgiving was started with tage getting sick, and then me. It was a LONG week. Tage had the flu for 4 days, its hard to keep a little boy down for that long. I started out with the flu ( body aches, chills, sweats, soar throat) for 2 days, then it moved into a terrible head cold, the kind where you want to remove your head from your body, then I got a lovely double eye infection, which was so painful, and then I 've had a soar throat for the last 5 days, and it is probably the most painful thing yet. I literally am sick of being sick!! I was up one night ALL night with aliah who was throwing up every 20 minutes or so. So, you can tell that I wasn't feeling too grateful for much lately. But, thats the selfish part of me talking. I am so grateful for SO MUCH!!! But, I will keep it short and just name the top 5 things I am grateful for.
1. My family, I could list individuals but that would take forever. I have the greatest parents ever, 5 sisters who are my best friends,2 sister in laws who are as good as sisters to me,7 brother in laws that are the brothers I never had, 15 nieces and nephews whom I adore, I love being an aunt. I have awesome in-laws, whom I love very much. I have the three most amazing kids on earth. They are literally angels sent down from heaven. I feel so lucky to be their mom, it really is the greatest blessing in my life.
2. Kaleb. I had to give kaleb his own number because I could never lump him with anyone else. He is the most important person to me. I think I am most grateful right now that he puts up with me, :0). through the good and the ugly. How I completely love this guy!!
3. Friends. I am always aware that I have blessed with some VERY good friends. I don't know if everyone is that lucky or not, but I feel blessed to know some amazing woman.
4. My job. Kaleb will laugh that I feel grateful for my job, but I do. First of all I am grateful that they hired someone who literally has no work experience. I enjoy working, I enjoy making money, I enjoy doing something that isn't being a mom or a wife.
5. And always, The Gospel. There are no words to say how eternally grateful I am for it. It is everything.
Before
After
So, here we are ready for Christmas!! Its no surprise that this is my favorite time of year. The music, the stories, the movies, the decorations, the lights. I love it all. Every single thing. The kdis are old enough now that they have taken over the decorating of the tree. All me and kaleb do is the lights. They love it, and I figure someday all my kids will be gone and then I can do my perfect tree, but right now, this is the perfect tree. My favorite thing at Christmas is wrapping presents. I get all my shopping done by december because then i wrap all december long. I love to turn on my fire, turn on the christmas lights, put on a christmas movie and wrap for 2 hours. Its amazing how long it takes to wrap gifts, and I'm not even that good. All year I have dreaded the coming on christmas this year, but, when it came, I was just as excited as I always am.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: