Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Favorite Things

My favorite thing at Christmas time is reading christmas stories. I can sit for hours and hours and read story after story, and every single one makes me cry. At the beginning of November when I finally was starting to feel excited for Christmas, I pulled out this book, Secret Santa. It is the first book I read every year at the beginning of the christmas season. I have read it more times than I can count, and I cry every time I read it. It is the best book.
Once I have started my christmas reading, I just have to keep on going. Skipping Christmas by John Grisham is the next book I pull out. If you've seen the movie and think you don't need to read the book, your wrong! The book is SO much better!
Here is my next one. Again, a great christmas story with a great message.
For the last 4 or 5 years Richard Paul Evans has come out with a new book at Christmas time. If you haven't read any of his books, I HIGHLY recommend him, he is one of my favorite authors. Start with his first book The Christmas Box and then just keep on reading all of them. I picked up this book a week ago when I was sick and staying the day in bed. I started it and finished it in three hours and cried through almost the whole book. Go find his other books, The Gift, Finding Noel, Grace, you will spend a lot of time wiping away tears but they are amazing books!!
I also have a collection of short christmas stories, ones I read and reread every year. I just can't help it, I love the way they bring the Christmas spirit into my heart. So, grab a good christmas book and happy reading!!

No comments: