We spent a fabulous New Years Eve weekend up in Midway with my sister in law jamie and kalebs brother luke and their kids, her sisters amy, kylie, jenessa and their families! We had a great time eating food, playing texas hold'em, eating food, playing cards, playing Sorry, watching movies, eating more food, playing in the snow(the kids anyways), and just relaxing. The guys got more than their share of football and basketball games and the girls got their share of sitting around talking. Loved every minute of it! We almost missed the new years though, we were too busy in the middle of a serious texas hold'em game!
Givin my sweetie a new years kiss!

the kids got to stay up til midnight too!

Princess aliah in her new year attire.

Happy 2011!!

2010 was a great year. I would definitely say there were more ups than downs, which is always a good thing. My kids are doing great, me and kaleb are doing great, I personally am feeling great! Our finances aren't so great, but, well, not everything can be perfect and we are definitely surviving. I know its funny, but I feel like I am finally growing up. You would think that at 31 and a half I would already be there but I have definitely matured and mellowed out a lot in the last couple years. Sometimes I miss that old me, I was much more carefree, a little bit more immature, but I guess you could say now I am older and wiser. Not sure if that is a good thing though. I feel like the biggest lesson I learned this year is that nothing stays the same, no matter how much you want it to, especially when it comes to people and friendships. Life changes, people change, circumstances change, feelings change, SO many things change. Its hard to let go of things and just accept that this is the way they are now. Thats part of the me maturing part, I am learning to accept things that I can't control and just try to be happy about it. I have also come to be a lot more grateful for the things and people in my life that DO stay the same, that I know I can always count on. I am much more aware of the blessings in my life now, and I try not to take anything or anyone for granted. It isn't hard to say goodbye to a good year when you hope that the next one is going to be even better. We look forward this year to celine turning 14, tage turning 10, aliah turning 8 and being baptized and me and kaleb turning 32. Hopefully the economy will be kinder to us, but if not, I know we will keep on surviving. I look forward to still being in Young Womans, even though celine is going to be moving up to Mia Maids next month. I look forward to the time I get to spend with my kids, watching them grow. I look forward to another year with kaleb, it will be 15 this year! I look forward to all the good times that will come with family and friends. I am not a fan of new years resolutions, so I don't really make any, but I do hope to be a better mother, wife, friend, sister, daughter and any other area of my life that needs improving ( which is all of it.) I know its going to be a good year!
3 comments:
i just love reading your blog meg! i think you are such a fantastic woman and i just love you bunches!! glad you had a great new years!!!
Well said, my dear. Well said!
It's good to know that no matter what happens we will always be sister :) That is a comforting thought in my mind. i sure love you and miss you every day! So glad we got to come home for a short time :)
Post a Comment