Saturday, March 20, 2010

A woman of many heads....

I LOVE this cartoon!! I swear it is the perfect example of every mothers life! What head do I need to put on in this moment? Work, church, husband, friend, mom, daughter, sister.....we woman wear many different heads, and it is hard sometimes to switch from one to another....say from being a mom all day to a wife at night???? And sometimes I want to have NO head on at all, I don't want to be anything for anyone but myself. But, we keep doing it, switching from one head to another, sometimes within the matter of a few seconds! It can be exhausting and overwhelming but very gratifying in so many ways. Right now, I've got my "blogging" head on, and in a little while, I am going to put my "jazz"head on, tomorrow is going to be my "teaching young womans" head. Its an interesting life for us woman, that is for sure!!

1 comment:

The Johnson's said...

I agree, and wonder sometimes if we even have the right "head" on at times. But that sometimes makes us a better mother, wife and friend.