Monday, March 29, 2010

Beautiful Boy





Happy 9th Birthday to my son Tage!! How I love this little man, I don't really feel like I can call him a little boy anymore, he is growing up so fast!
Tages due date was April 7th, so I always get confused that his bday is in March! Tage was breech from the time I was about 5 months along. His little head was stuck right in my rib! I used to just sit and push on it so I could be comfortable for a few seconds. He even came out with a dent in his forehead right where I knew it was in my rib. I went in on March 30th to try and have him turned, they tried for about 30 seconds, and then the Dr. said, well, your baby is stuck in a really weird position, his head and toes are touching, so we are going to go ahead and do a c-section right now! I was so scared, but so ready to meet this little guy. The c-section was not fun, and I fell asleep right after it was over. But I woke up dying to meet my baby boy. I had been so worried that I wouldn't be able to love him as much as I loved celine. My heart was so full of her! But then I found out what every mother does with their second child...your love doesn't divide between your children, it just adds upon.
I loved this boy so much right from the start, he was so different from his sister. How do they know by 6 months old to make gun sounds and truck noises? He was the cutest little boy I have ever seen. I love to go back and watch home movies of him, my heart aches for that little boy sometimes. But now he is growing up, he is so funny and full of life at times, and so emotional and loving at others. With his big brown eyes and big smile, I know he is going to be melting hearts one day. But for now, he is mine, my only son, my joy, my heart. Every birthday now for each of my kids is bittersweet, I am sad to see them growing up. But I am proud of the boy that Tage is, and I am so proud to call him my son! Happy Birthday Bud!! I love you more than there are words for!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tage!! I hope he has a very special day.

Cori Simmons said...

He is such a kind little man. He has his dads sense of humor. Happy birthday.