Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy Birthday

I've been thinking a lot about you this week.
You would be turning three tomorrow.
I probably would have bought you a truck or a gun,
something you could play with your brother hunter.
You would be my buddy.
You'd come knock on my back door like your sister does, wanting to see me.
You'd say "uncle paula" just like hunter and hallie, and he'd secretly love it!
You would love to play with your cousins.
Your little sister hallie looks just like you,
I wonder what your new sister will look like.
I know you are spending lots of time with her before she leaves heaven.
Carson, you were a very brief presence in my life...
but you are forever kept in my heart.
Happy Birthday little buddy.
I love you and miss you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You beat me to his birthday post. Thanks for this. Thanks for also starting the water-works a day early. Luv ya!

Brande J. said...

That is such a cute post. He is such a cute little guy...and Jamie is such a great mom. You both are so fun and I miss being in your ward!

Wendy Wells said...

Thanks Meg! Water works over here! Such a cute little man!!

kelsey and murray said...

oh meg this is DARLING. what a sweet little post for sweet carson. it brought me to tears!!! there is no doubt in my mind that this little one watches over all of your family ;)