Thursday, March 25, 2010

What it feels like....

Isn't depression a funny word?? Its something we say all the time..... I have been sad, and I have had the blues, but depression was a whole 'nother ball game.

Your life is like this!!!!
But you BELIEVE its like this.....
And you feel like this.......
And you truly believe this too....
And you think that you are justified to feel the way you do. And then one day, you wake up and realize that something is wrong with this picture.....and somebody tells you, DEPRESSION!!!!
So, now that you know, what do you do? Fight against it every day. Make those downer little voices in your head go away. Wake up. Get dressed. Do something productive. Try to do something for someone else. Keep your friends close and your family closer. And eventually, after a while, you remember what it is like to be truly happy again. But some days, for no reason, your mind and your body want you to believe again that its coming back. Nobody loves you, nobody wants you around. You don't do any good in this world. And you feel yourself going into that downward spiral...its hard. It seems to be a never ending battle, always with wins and losses.
But, you try to always remember this....


And this....

and I know eventually everything is going to be ok again.


3 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Meg you are amazing. You summed it up so well and made me really think about things reading that. Now I might not get dressed or do something productive for a day or so, but it really did make my brain start thinking. What an amazing person you are and I have to say that I always look forward to coming to your blog everyday and seeing what you have to write about.

Anonymous said...

I love you, Meg. I have never been diagnosed with depression, but I do know what it feels like to be depressed- at its awful. What ever those demons in your head tell you, always tell your subconscious that I always love you and could never hate you. Don't worry... sunshine's around the corner and there are better days ahead! :)

Jill Johnson said...

Meg- I know what you are going through ,I was feeling that way for a couple of months, I am just starting to feel better. Don't feel bad if you have to go see the doc for it! It makes life so much better in the long run instead of day after day feeling like crap,and not being able to do your daily things, trust me I know a little too well how you feel right now! LOVE YOU!! Call me and we can chat! See you monday!