Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Top Ten reasons EVERYONE should eat at Flour Girls and Dough Boys...

10: The atmosphere, it is just so cute and different! You could say a little shabby chic. Turquoise walls, chandeliers everywhere, it is just a cute place to sit and eat.
9: They have things for the kids to play. They have a kitchen for kids to play with and then also a little hole in the wall with a table and chairs and stuff. It might not be mcdonalds play land, but it will keep the kids entertained while you eat.
8. The bread. It is soooosoooooo yummy! They bake it fresh twice a week and oh, my, it is good. Their honey wheat is my favorite, but I haven't tried the cinnamon bread yet.....
7. The desserts and pastries. Chocolate chip cookies to cinnamon rolls, pumpkin chocolate chip cake to sugar cookies to peanut butter brownies and cakes. And every single one of them is delicious. Believe me, I have tried them all!
6. Their macaroni and cheese. I tried it for the first time today. I am in love. They make it from scratch with all sorts of yummy cheeses. It is gooey and cheesy and heavenly!!! Not just for kids.
5. The salads. Now, I am not a salad person, but I have had it on good authority from people who are salad lovers that their salads are divine!!
4. The soups. Cheddar broccoli, creamy tomato, chicken, clam chowder, chili, tuscan bean. Also each made from scratch each day. My favorite, the creamy tomato with a triple cheese grilled cheese sandwich on honey wheat bread. Oh...my mouth is watering.
3. The sandwiches. Our two most popular are probably the chicken avacado on foccacia bread, or the cranberry turkey brie on cranberry walnut bread. They must be good because I make about a million of them every day. But I wouldn't know because I am too busy enjoying my grilled cheese and tomato soup.....mmmm....
2. Their meat pies. Oh, they are like little pies from heaven! They have chicken and beef, and...you got it! made from scratch every day. They come with gravy, and I will tell you that you have never had anything quite so good. They also sell them frozen by the half dozen so you can take them home.

and the number one reason to come eat at Flour Girls and Dough boys is...
Because I work there!!!! :0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Number one is reason enough for me to go!!
When I go I'll just print off this top ten list and refer to it as "my to go menu"
It all sounds heavenly!!

April McEvoy said...

I wish we had a place like this out here! We have not found a place that we REALLY like to eat :(