Well, that is my story of how me and kaleb got together. I challenge anyone who reads this to write down the story of how you and your spouse got together, and to blog about it, I would love to read all your stories, and wouldn't it be great to have it recorded and not just in your memory??? I am starting to realize why family history is so important to record, we don't want these things to be lost.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Family History
My parents came over for dinner tonight, and afterwards me and my mom sat and talked and chatted for a while, it was so nice!! I am ashamed to say that I have never asked my parents the story of how they met, I knew they met at BYU, but never knew all the details. So my mom told me their whole story of getting together, I loved hearing it!!! It makes you see your parents in a whole different light, to think of when they were young and in love. I think this is a story I am going to need to record in my journal( when i go and get one, hopefully this week!) This is the kind of family history I want to know and remember and pass on to the next generation. It also got me thinking that I need to record things about me and kaleb, especially how we met. I don't know if I have ever told my kids how we met, they probably haven't ever asked, but some day they will want to know. My mom remembered every little detail of her and my dads "courtship", I think it is one of those things you don't need to write down to remember, because it is so special. I can remember back to the first time I was aware of Kaleb at school. I knew his friend nate from a class we had together, and so I would notice him and then I started noticing his friend that was always with him, he was ALWAYS in sweats, green ones, blue ones, orange ones, I never saw him in anything else unless it was plaid pajama pants. And then I started saying hi to them every time I walked out of the lunch room because they were always sitting in the same place eating lunch. And then little by little we started to say more than hi. Then nate starting dating one of my really good friends, so I got to know them a little bit more that way. But I soon came to know that kaleb had a girlfriend, and that they had been together for a long time, so any thoughts I had of kaleb were strictly as friends. Well, one day we were all standing around between classes talking, and I just randomly said to kaleb, being a flirt, " kaleb, you need to break up with your girlfriend so me and you can go out!" We all laughed and I thought nothing else of it, but the next day( or a few days after) I got to school and nate told me that kaleb and his girlfriend had broken up and that kaleb was really sad. So I asked what class kaleb was in, and I went into his seminary class (class hadn't started yet) I took kalebs hand and I pulled him out of class and I told him he was sluffing with us. We went to my house, and we hung out the rest of the day. And by the end of the day, I was hooked. I think we pretty much were together every day for the next week and then I asked him what was going on with us and he told me he liked me and I told him I liked him and, voila, we were a couple!! But I can remember ever detail, like that kaleb was wearing his green sweats that day with holes in the sleeves where he stuck him thumbs out, and he let me wear his sweatshirt and I kept that thing until we got married, I used to sleep with it at night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am totally SHOCKED that you hadn't heard your parents dating story. That is usually the first question Meg asks people when we're sitting around talking.
I think of you falling in love with the "boy in sweats" and have to chuckle a bit. Hahaha! How sexy!! Totally Kaleb, right? That's all that my brother will wear to school too. I'll have to tell him that chicks dig it!! :)
You are correct, it is so good to journal and keep the good memories alive. But also the bad, so that your children don't think that everything was perfect, because it always isn't.... right!
Hi Meg! Long time no see... this is Tara Belnap (now Bishop) from the golden Gillman cul-de-sac! It looks like things are going awesome for you. I love this blog post it's so cute! I saw your blog on Kelsey and Murray Tuckers blog. Anyway, hope all is well. If you are a blog nerd like I am send me an email and I will add you to my blog (I keep mine private)
tbbishop10@gmail.com
Have a great day!
Post a Comment