Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Perfect
I am sitting outside on the new benches around our firepit that kaleb and luke made a few days ago. It smells like wood and paint. I like this smell. It is the perfect tempature and the sun is still shining and there is a slight breeze. I've got a can of Dr. Pepper in one hand and a book in the other. In the distance I hear Kaleb and luke arguing and laughing over the garden that they just got done planting, celine and tage are riding the easy riders chasing each other and laughing, actually getting along for a change. Aliah is running around the lawn with max, laughing and singing. I hear our neighbor mowing his lawn, and a few birds chirp in the trees. Our grass is so green and I can smell the lawn clippings from just being mowed. The neighbors kids are laughing and jumping on their tramp. I look around my backyard and smile, this is what summer feels like. The sun is so warm on my arms and my face, I think I want to have this moment last forever. Its perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I want to be there with you. TOday I am looking at the sun, and the thermometer that says 60 degrees, and wishing for your day! Hurray for the garden!
Glad you have a smile on your face... yay for summer!!
Just make sure that you put the sunscreen on we don't need you burned again....
Post a Comment