Thursday, May 7, 2009

Girlfriends are Gods way of taking care of us....

I am so grateful for good friends! Missing my sister so much in the last few days, last night I was feeling pretty low. Kaleb was at work and I was feeling so alone. I was praying so hard that I needed a friend, someone to reach out to me. Today I went to lunch with a friend, and it was just what I needed. She let me vent all my feelings on her and she really listened and just helped me feel so much better. Its nice to find some light when you are feeling at your darkest.  Sometimes all you need is for someone to care, they don't even have to do anything and it helps. I am so grateful that someone "up there" was watching over me and sent me what I needed. I have always said that girlfriends are one of the greatest gifts in life. I love my hubby so much, but I feel bad always venting all my feelings on him, especially when he doesn't even understand most of them! :0) Thats what girlfriends are for, because they seem to understand just how you feel. This person will never even know what she did for me today, but she lifted me up at a really low point. I hope I can be that kind of friend!!

3 comments:

Dave and Corey Johnson said...

Amen sister!

Cori Simmons said...

You can call me anytime you want to chat. I completely agree with Title of your post.

Val said...

I'm finally catching up on some blog reading. I haven't read blogs in over a week! I always find the things you say surprising, like you having a hard time making friends. You are the sweetest friendliest person I know, so I can hardly believe that. Isn't it funny how we see ourselves so differently from other people? Trust me, you seem all put together and someone I'd love to be like. So sorry about your sister. But what fun you'll have visiting her in Cali now! Hang in there.