Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thankful....

Lately I have been thinking a lot about all of the many things that I consider blessings in my life. How could I let this Thanksgiving holiday pass without doing a post on how thankful I am for all that I have been given. I find myself being so grateful for things like, having a roof over my head, and a car I can drive. Food in my cupboards, a warm house to be in when its cold outside. I am so thankful for an amazing husband, who works so hard for our family to give us all these things to make our lives more comfortable. I am so grateful that he works so that I have the choice to be a stay at home mom. That I don't have to do it all on my own, but I have a partner to share everything with. I am so grateful to be a mom to 3 kids, who are wonderful and special and unique. Who all bring something different to our family. I am grateful to be able to be around every day, to be the one who gets to drop them off at school, and is home when they are done. I get to be there for the ins and outs of their growing up. I get to be their mom. I am so grateful for family, who loves and supports and is always there. Me and Kaleb both have amazing families, and I am so proud and grateful to be a part of both. To be a Griffin and a Gillman. I am grateful for sisters. I have 7 amazing sisters that I love and admire. I am glad that I get to be close to all of them. I am grateful for my parents, to have them close, that I get to see them often and that my kids get to know their grandparents. I am blessed with amazing, amazing friends. In all different places and aspects of life. Yet each one touches my life in a different way. I am so grateful for the gospel, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. For my Savior, for my Heavenly Father who is there for me always. I am never alone. I am so blessed to be a part of the Young Womans program and get to know and teach some amazing girls. I am blessed with a great ward that I love. I don't feel this way all of the time, or even say it, but I am blessed that I get to be me, good, bad and ugly. When I think of all that I have and all that I am blessed with, being me isn't so bad. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

No comments: