Thursday Oct. 27th: Today we stopped in Manzanillo, and when we got off the boat, we had no idea what we were going to do. It was super humid, I sweated more this day than I ever have before. So we started walking, and asked some local what we should do. He told us he did city tours, so we decided to do that. Manzanillo is one of the biggest and central shipping ports in the world, so we got to see the huge shipping yard. Then we went to someones house that takes care of different animals. There were HUGE iguanas, kaleb held one....

And this is what I did when they tried to get me to hold one!!! :P No thanks!! But they were super cool to see. They had turtles and raccoons that had lost their mom. It was fun to see different animals.



They took us up to a high point where we could see the entire city. We are actually standing one someones roof. It was the most amazing view. It is a beautiful city, lots of posh resorts and beautiful beaches. They took us to a market, but by then we weren't too interested in anything they had to sale, and then we went to a little restaurant and had a drink and chips and salsa and guacamole. Pretty good! I really enjoyed the tour of the city, I like to see each city and see how different it is to where we live.


Here are our love swans at the end of the day. :)

They had an open sushi bar every night from 5-8, so each night we took advantage of it, well, I should say kaleb did. :)


Friday Oct 28th: The last two days were days at sea. We knew our trip was coming to an end. We spent today laying out in the sun, reading, eating, we played a game of chess usually once a day. It was a nice relaxing day.

We went down the waterside only once. But it was fun!

Sat. Oct 29th: Another day at sea and our last day. That morning they had a class and taught you how to make some towel animals. We learned to do a dog, an elephant and a swan!! So cool.

Here is our wait staff, Sinisa is the bald guy in the middle and he was our main guy. A little quiet and shy, but we really liked him a lot!!

So, the big end to our cruise! :) A few days before I had auditioned to be Gloria Estefan in the Legends Show on the last night of the cruise, and I made it. So here I am, full wig, costume, makeup. We had a rehearsal on sat. morning and sat. night was the performance. They had other legends like Madonna, Garth Brooks, Ricki Martin, Britany Spears, Aretha Franklin, Elton John, Elvis and Frank Sanatra. We perfumed in front of a huge audience, and I was pretty nervous!!! But it was so much fun, I am glad I did it!!

My "escort", Justin. He helped me through the whole rehearsal.

Kaleb was so proud. :) He wanted to take the wig home but they wouldn't let us. (I am totally kidding!!)

Sunday the 30th was spent driving home. We were off the ship by 8am that morning. Both of us weren't ready to go home. We had enjoyed each other and the cruise so much, we both wanted to stay another week. But....our kids were missing us and it was time to go home. I can honestly say it was my favorite vacation of all time. Being with kaleb, even after 15 years, is still my favorite thing. We have so much fun together and we got along great. It was a much needed vacation and a deserved vacation and we made the most of it and enjoyed every minute of it!!!!
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had an amazing time. You both deserve it and am glad that you took the time to be together.... And I have to say I am a little jealous too!!
Post a Comment