
Its a little after midnight on February 14th, its official. Celine is now 13. She had a great party tonight with her friends, which I will post about another day. But right now, I am letting my heart do its mourning, cursing time that is stealing my daughter away from me, little by little. Every day that passes is a reminder to me that my time with her in our home is coming to an end. In 5 years she will be 18 and spreading her wings and leaving the nest. Do you know how fast 5 years goes by? Its a blink. And I am sad. Time is going to rob me of having her with me every day, of knowing the ins and outs of her every day life. I never thought it would be hard to let your child grow up, but I am telling you, it hurts. I always just thought it would be a natural part of life, but it doesnt feel natural at all. How, as a mother, do I let go when she has been mine for 18 years? I know it has to happen, I know it is a part of life, but will it ever stop hurting? I know I am premature in all this, hey, I have five more years! Its fine!! But, like I said, time is a theif, and its reminding me that life flies by, and before I know it, she will be leaving.
Happy Birthday Celine. I dont think it was a coincidence that you were born a week late to be born on valentines day, because you are my sweet girl. I am so proud of the Young woman you are becoming, the choices you are making in your life. I am so blessed to be your mom, to see every day the wonderful person you are. Let me just be sad for tonight, and tomorrow will be a celebration of the wonderful part of my life that you are. We are blessed to have you in our family. How does 13 years go by so fast? Why do I feel like only yesterday I was holding you in my arms in the hospital, so in awe of this little person I was now responcible for? Celine, you are beautiful inside and out and I thank Heavenly Father for you every day!
Happy 13th Birthday sweetheart! I love you more than I can say.
MOM
5 comments:
She is growing up and she is beautiful. I see her walking in her high heels and take a double glance to make sure it is her. It is hard for a mother, I know the feeling. Think of the fun years ahead.
Luke and I watched our wedding video last night and we saw pictures and videos with Celine in them, and I felt a little of your sadness. It seems just like yesterday that she was that shy, quiet 5 year who had nothing more to give me then crustys (sp?) and now she is a happy, joyful sweetheart. -I hope she stays that way and doesn't turn too much into a "teenager"!
We love her so much and hope her birthday is a special day!!
I know i have said this a million times, but i remember the first time i ever held Celine, I cried! I was so excited to be her Aunt and have this sweet baby in our family. Things haven't changed... i still love her so much and she has turned out to be such an amazing person. Thanks for sharing her with us all! We love you Celine... hope you had a great birthday!
Thanks Mom I love you too!!!! You are the best mom ever!!! I promise I will try not to grow up too fast ok??? Luv u so much!!! ;)
Celine
Oh WOW!!! Seriously sad that I have missed out on the last 9 years... in my mind she is still that sweet little 4 year old that Spencer loved playing with... When did nine years happen? :) So, I have been thinking... are arranged marriages illegal? :) She is beautiful!!!
Post a Comment