Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A look at life....


Do you ever stop suddenly for no reason and start thinking about your life? I had such a moment the other day. Just thinking that I was 30 years old, and did I think that this was what my life was going to be like? Hahahahaha, NO!!! But, all is well, though it is different from what I once pictured, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have said before that I am one who doesn't like change. I resist it with all my being. But, change comes whether you welcome it or not. Friends change, kids change, financial situations change, families change, church changes, work changes, homes change, yes, everything changes. People who you thought would be your BFFFFF suddenly drop out of your life, and a person comes along who you would never think would end up being the person you could be so close too. You get used to life one way and suddenly it is another. There are days when my heart feels sad for the things in life that have changed and I have lost, and other days my heart is full of joy for the things I have gained. I think my hardest reality is there are only a few people I feel close enough to to share those sadness and joys with, and on my hardest days, I feel there is no one. But that is this crazy thing we call life and I love it and curse it and embrace it and deny it day in and day out. I always thought when I was 30 I would have life and love and everything all figured out........guess I need to live a few more years before I even come close to that happening!!

2 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Meg, the picture alone could have been your post, I couldn't stop laughing at it and then reading what you wrote brought tears to my eyes because I feel like you are that person that was brought into my life that I needed. I am so glad that we have become friends and hope to continue that friendship forever.

Kaleb said...

Meg, just to clarify... The picture describes the only 3 things women do?