What do you do on about the hundredth rainy day in a row??? So, I vacuumed, and I dusted my baseboards (yes, i was that bored) and I did some laundry. What next? I decided to make some cookies. Great idea! Well, first I ran out of butter, so I had to substitute some of my tub butter and then at the end I was short a cup of flour. Hmmm..... Then a neighbor showed up about some Girls Camp stuff and I forgot all about the cookies cooking! The bottom picture was my first attempt. Horrible! They went strait to the garbage. Then my sister showed up and told me to blender some oats and add that to my dough so it wasn't so sticky. I thought it looked better, but my second batch didn't come out much better. I guess thats what you get when your mood matches the weather, and you are baking cookies while it rains while also listening to Josh Groban ( the perfect gloomy day music!) Next time I will stick with store bought!!
7 comments:
I'm hungry!
Yummy! I hate making cookies cause I eat them all! Why aren't you going to the scera summer moves? I see Corri there!
those are pretty sad looking meg. Luke says you suck at making cookies LOL If it makes you feel better we haven't seen the sun here for a few weeks either :(
Poor Meggie. Why do I have the feeling that Kaleb ate them anyway? I know my husband would. And yes, this weather is no fun for the kids. But it reminds me of Oregon so I'm kind of loving it. But if it goes on much longer, I'm sure I will be complaining along with you!
Meg,
Randy loved the cookies, so no complaining! Hee Hee
I love the backdrop on your blog. It so matches my mood too these last few days :(
I'm glad I didn't see this blog post until after the cookies were eaten, because I would have come to your house to eat all my mistakes! The bottom ones look like chocolate cookies--I guess they're just burnt though. My mouth is still watering!
Post a Comment