Monday, June 1, 2009
The Red Tent
I just read a really interesting book called The Red Tent. Now I can't recommend it because I know that there are people out there who would be very offended by it, but to me, who is very hard to offend :0), it was quite an interesting story. It is about Jacob from the bible and his four wives. Every month during the womens "monthly" they would gather together in the red tent and that is where they stayed until it was over. They would eat and sing, braid and comb eachothers hair, talk and gossip and just be among woman during their "courses." What I thought was very interesting was that they all had it at the same time. Hhmmmm.....I think I am going to build me a red tent, and I will go into it when I am visited by my "aunt flo." No one else is allowed into my red tent, unless they are also being "visited." No men allowed ever, or children. I will be in there eating and singing, combing my hair and gossiping. If you see my red tent out, come join me, but beware, you know why I am in there!! :0)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ha ha ha!! That was funny. Thanks for the smile!! :) :) :)
I promise you dont want me there at my time! You want me far away where no one can get hurt! haha
Count me in........ Maybe it will be a good thing when Aunt Flo comes to visit, a vacation from real life.
I would love that! I need a "Red Tent" right about now. lol
I love that idea. It would be so fun to run and hide and be with women that understand!
ok - I am slowly catching up on your past blogs and this one had me laughing out loud!! I loved this book, too - and I always thought it would be cool to have a 'red tent' idea - a place to get away for 5 or so days while you are feeling crappy, cranky and just want space. I will join you in your tent any day!!! LOL
Post a Comment