| Footprints in the Sand |
| One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. |
| Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. |
| In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. |
| Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, |
| other times there were one set of footprints. |
| This bothered me because I noticed |
| that during the low periods of my life, |
| when I was suffering from |
| anguish, sorrow or defeat, |
| I could see only one set of footprints. |
| So I said to the Lord, |
| "You promised me Lord, |
| that if I followed you, |
| you would walk with me always. |
| But I have noticed that during |
| the most trying periods of my life |
| there have only been one |
| set of footprints in the sand. |
| Why, when I needed you most, |
| you have not been there for me?" |
| The Lord replied, |
| "The times when you have |
| seen only one set of footprints in the sand, |
| is when I carried you." |
| Mary Stevenson |
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Joy In the Journey
"Men are that they might have joy..." Does this include woman too? Isn't life meant to be enjoyed? What do you do when you get to a place where you are no longer enjoying the journey?It is too hard, it is too painful, there are too many bumps in your road. You fall alot, you hurt people, your sad, you no longer know if you are a good friend or not, you no longer know who you are or what you want in life. You just know it is hard. You try to get it right, but every time you open your mouth you are getting it wrong. What if you forget what it feels like to be truly happy? What if you no longer have the strength to pick yourself up off the ground, you need someone to help you do it, but there is no one. What if you just feel all alone? Well, this is the poem I like to go to to remind myself that someone is always there!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love that poem. It truly is such a good reminder that we are never alone. Its hard to remember at times- the down times in our lives will make us stronger in the end! Thanks for an inspiring post Meg- It is just what I needed :)
Meg it sounds like you are having a really hard time lately. Let me know what I can do to help. I love ya.
Post a Comment