Thursday, June 25, 2009

Love is a many splendid things....

“Love is patient; love is kind
and envies no one.
Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
never selfish, not quick to take offense.
There is nothing love cannot face;
there is no limit to its faith,
its hope, and endurance.
In a word, there are three things
that last forever: faith, hope, and love;
but the greatest of them all is love.”


Why is love such a complicated thing? You would think that love would be simple and easy, but it is not. It takes dedication, and hard work, commitment and patience and understanding. Why in our world do people not understand what love is anymore. It seems that more and more people are giving up on love, not working at it, and not being grateful that they have it with someone. How can you throw away a history with someone without even trying?? I don't understand. Before I got married i thought that it would be easy, that it would be a fairytale and we would just live happily ever after. I didn't know that marriage would be the hardest thing I had ever done. But the hardest things are the things most worth having. Somedays I do wonder if its worth it, somedays it does just seem too hard. But then I look at my family, my hubby and kids and think of all the good times we have had and all the good things in our life, and I know that making my marriage work is the most important thing I will ever do and that I will never regret giving 100% to my marriage. Sometimes I think that other people have an easy married life, maybe thats not true, I don't know. I just know that that won't be the case for me. Marriage is not going to be easy, but it is so worth it. All these thoughts are stemming from watching the show Jon & Kate + 8. They are getting divorced and it makes me sad. I just know that I wouldn't give up on my marriage until I know that I had done everything possible to make it work. In this sad world we live in, where more people are splitting up then staying together, I am determined to not only keep my marriage together, but to make it a great one!!!!

3 comments:

Jill Johnson said...

I feel the same way!!!

Anonymous said...

That episode depressed the crap out of me. It seems like no body stays together anymore. :(

Mrs. Smith said...

Amen!
At some point you have to say "Turn off the cameras and let's work on our marriage!"
I know it's silly, but I feel like I know these people. I want to ask them if having money is so important, that they can't give up the show to try and salvage what's left.
Argh! It is so sad to see the flashbacks from when they were normal, frumpy, sleep-deprived parents... with nothing better to talk about than poop!