Thursday, April 28, 2011

What is it they say about life handing you lemons???

So, my life took a little unexpected turn yesterday that I wasn't really expecting. Going into work after having 2 weeks off, I am told that I either need to pick up more hours or they are going to have to let me go. Well, the hours they wanted me to work would be the time that I am home with my family. I never got a job intending for it to take me away from my family, only for something good for me to do while my kids were at school. So, I declined, they let me go and I was on my way home. I was pretty upset. I have been at this job for a year and a half now, I have really enjoyed it. I didn't even get so much as a thank you from the owner, which kind of hurt my feelings. So, now what?? I really don't know. Someone wise told me that when God closes a door he always opens a window, so now I am looking for that window. Is it another job? Am I suppose to be at home right now? Do I look for something I can start myself? Where it is the end of school, I am looking forward to a summer of fun with my kids, having them home. But when school starts again in the fall, I know I am going to be feeling like there has to be more to my life than this. This job was just so perfect for me, the hours and the place, I couldn't have asked for a better job for ME. Will I find something like that again? Who knows? My dear, sweet husband helped me to see that there are lots of things out there that I can do, I just have to find what it is I want. I know that I want to be home when my kids are, I know that I would enjoy doing something that I can do part time while the kids are at school. I like making a little of my own money. But, I am trying to look for the positive. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me, and I trust him to direct my path, whatever that direction is. And that makes me feel a lot better.

3 comments:

kelsey and murray said...

oh meg i am sorry that this happened but whoever told you that saying was right, there is something better out there for you, it just may be hard to see it now. you are one of the sweetest people i know! if you need anything let me know but hang in there, it will get better! xoxo.

Jill Johnson said...

You will find something :) I also agree... I will not work if it takes me away from my kids..I love being home when they leave for school and home when they get home. I might be looking for a teacher in the fall 930 to 1130 or 12 to 2 the pay is 10 to 11 a hour and it would be 2 to 3 days a week.. Never Fridays. I will let you know more details if you are interested.

Kylie Blackwell said...

Meg hang in there! I sure love ya!