Sunday, April 24, 2011

Eastering

I have to start off my post by saying what gratitude fills my heart at the gift that Our Savior gave to all of us. I can never watch anything or hear music about the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus without feeling so much love. I love being able to reflect on these things and know how much my Savior loves me.
Of course easter just wouldn't be easter without coloring eggs. Not my favorite thing to do, but, hey, its tradition.

There was definitely a trail of jelly beans left on easter morning for each of my kids.
Tage got new flip flops, a new swimsuit, candy, a build-a-bear and a halo figure (which he then lost at church.)
Celine got hair products, lotion and spray, new shirts, earrings and candy.
Poor Aliah woke up at 4am on easter morning throwing up, and didn't stop until quite a few hours later. But when she was finally feeling a little better she got to see what the easter bunny brought her. 2 new swimsuits, flip flops, a build-a-bear, and candy.
New easter outfits, don't they look good??
Little aliah had been so excited to wear her new dress to church and then she wasn't able to. She begged me to put it on but I didn't want her throwing up in it! So we took a pix. of her with it. Next sunday I will take a picture of her all dolled up in her easter best!
I didn't quite enjoy easter morning as I normally do because I was lacking in sleep from being up with aliah. I finally crawled out of bed around 1030 to see what the kids had got. We had a wonderful lesson in YW that us leaders put together and it was just perfect for easter. All in all it was a beautiful day. Hope your easter was great!

1 comment:

Sherian said...

So fun! Sorry you had to deal with sickness... no fun! It was so great to see you, we need to make it happen more often. Happy Easter!