Yesterday I taught the lesson in my Beehive class, and I decided to teach the lesson on Gifts. I talked to my girls that this christmas I wanted them to think about not the physical gifts they were going to give to people, but the gifts we were going to give to our Savior, since Christmas is really all about Him. He has given us everything, all we have is a gift from him, from his birth, his life to his death. He gave us the greatest gift of all, the ability to have eternal life with our families. This was such a great lesson for me to prepare. It got me thinking a lot of what the Savior would want me to give to others, and I know that he doesnt care how much money, or if any money is spent on these gifts. I know he wants me to be the best mom and wife that I can be, to give of myself freely to my family without any grudging feelings, to give them my love and my time. He wants me to be a good friend, even to those I don't feel any friendship towards. He wants me to overlook peoples flaws, even my own. He wants me to be a good example and to live the gospel fully. I think the best gift you can give to anyone is the gift of yourself. Your time, talents, any means you have to make someones life brighter. I am not always good at this, but this christmas I really would like to give these gifts to my Savior. I love Christmas, I love the tree, and the presents, the songs and the food, the gifts, both giving and getting, but what I love even more is when I feel the true spirit of christmas in my heart when I give something of myself. This is my goal for the rest of this christmas season, and then just maybe I can keep christmas in my heart all the year through. Merry Christmas!!!!
Monday, December 13, 2010
Gifts
Yesterday I taught the lesson in my Beehive class, and I decided to teach the lesson on Gifts. I talked to my girls that this christmas I wanted them to think about not the physical gifts they were going to give to people, but the gifts we were going to give to our Savior, since Christmas is really all about Him. He has given us everything, all we have is a gift from him, from his birth, his life to his death. He gave us the greatest gift of all, the ability to have eternal life with our families. This was such a great lesson for me to prepare. It got me thinking a lot of what the Savior would want me to give to others, and I know that he doesnt care how much money, or if any money is spent on these gifts. I know he wants me to be the best mom and wife that I can be, to give of myself freely to my family without any grudging feelings, to give them my love and my time. He wants me to be a good friend, even to those I don't feel any friendship towards. He wants me to overlook peoples flaws, even my own. He wants me to be a good example and to live the gospel fully. I think the best gift you can give to anyone is the gift of yourself. Your time, talents, any means you have to make someones life brighter. I am not always good at this, but this christmas I really would like to give these gifts to my Savior. I love Christmas, I love the tree, and the presents, the songs and the food, the gifts, both giving and getting, but what I love even more is when I feel the true spirit of christmas in my heart when I give something of myself. This is my goal for the rest of this christmas season, and then just maybe I can keep christmas in my heart all the year through. Merry Christmas!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thanks for sharing this! it was just what i needed to hear!
Meg, you are an awesome person. I see such depth in your expressions and feelings. I am always learning something new from you that I need to know or do in my own life. I love you.
Post a Comment