
I learned something new last night that I never knew before. Mary was only 14 years old when she gave birth to Our Savior. 14 years old. That is celines age. I know 2000 years ago times were different and I am sure 14 was more like 24 back then. But still. I always thought of Mary being in her 20's. But 14..... puts a whole new perspective on things for me. I have such a great love and respect for Mary and what she must have gone through. I often think of the day they rode into Bethlehem, her being 9 months pregnant, riding on a donkey. How awful she must have felt. But I also know, because she was chosen especially by our Heavenly Father, that she must have handled it with grace and patience, something I KNOW I wouldn't have done. I imagine how she must have felt having to give birth in a dirty stable surrounded by animals, who, I am sure, SMELLED like animals. But through it all she did it knowing she was giving birth to the Savior of the world, but also to her son. I am so grateful for Mary. Christmas was wonderful today, and I will post more of that in a day or two. But right now I am remembering the birth of Jesus and all the amazing and wonderful things that came with that event. Merry Christmas to all!! This has been such a joyous season for me, I am so grateful for the many gifts I have received this Christmas!!
1 comment:
How fun Meg!!!! Your kids look like they made out like bandits
Post a Comment