Thursday, September 24, 2009

Life...or something like it

There have been some big changes in my life this last week(well, big to me.) I got released from my calling as the Primary Secretary, believe me, I shed quite a few tears over that one. I have loved this calling more than I can possibly say, the woman I got to work with were so awesome. We just all meshed together so well, I think that is rare in a group of woman. But, I know I made friends for life, but I am going to miss being in Primary. So, my new calling is as Beehive advisor, which I am excited about. I get to be in there with Celine, which I have always wanted. I love the Young woman, I just know it will take a few weeks for me to adjust to the change and feel comfortable in my new calling.
I can feel that summer is gone, there is that crisp feeling in the air when fall comes. I love these warm beautiful days, but I know they won't last very long and that just depresses me. I am not ready for cold or winter or snow.
I started running about a month ago, which is a HUGE accomplishment for me because I am NOT a runner. At first I could run for about a minute before I would have to stop and walk. But now I am up to 8 minutes of running, its nice to see that I am getting better at it. I just hope I can keep it up through the winter.
Well, that is my life in a nutshell, I have nothing to exciting to report right now, but maybe next week!:0)

6 comments:

Camille said...

Meg, Keep running! You are doing awesome! You are still my hero!

Wendy Wells said...

Yeah Meg! I'm jealous! I wish I was still running! Keep working at it! You'll get better and better! Trust me! I wasn't a runner and I got up to running 12 miles! And then our little surprise came!! :)

Dave and Corey Johnson said...

You will love being Beehive advisor. It is my favorite.

The Johnson's said...

I am so excited about your new calling. You will love being in YW and now we can swap ideas from each other for activities. Also keep it up, I have never been a runner, but wish I could be. I just can't stand my butt when it jiggles.

Amy said...

Meg, it's been a while since I've had time to read my favorite blogs--sorry I haven't commented in a while. Congratulations on the running! I know, it's SO hard when you first start--you think, "This feels awful--why am I doing this?" But it gets better, and the endorphins from running are so great! Keep it up! And let me know if you ever want to go jogging together--I could use a buddy :)

Devri said...

I think Beehive advisor is the best calling in the whole ward! I loved it the very mostest! Especially since you have your own daughter in it! That was fun having lunch at the park the other day - good to see you!