On July 1rst, my moms mom, my grandma cleo, passed away from this life to the next. She was my last living grandparent. It is weird that they are all gone from this life. She has had dementia for the last 5 or 6 years. I hadn't visited her in about 2 because she no longer could remember who we were, and it confused and upset her. She always remembered my mom, she knew she knew her somehow, but didn't always know she was her daughter. So, it was with sadness but also joy that I found that she had passed. My grandpa passed away the day before fathers day when I was 10 years old. My grandma has been without him for a long time, and my greatest comfort was thinking of them joined back together. Her funeral was up in Brigham City, where my mom grew up and where my grandma lived until she went into a nursing home. It was a beautiful funeral, and my heart was full of the promise that Families are Forever. No better words than these.
Here is my mom and dad with all 16 grandchildren. What a rare thing for our WHOLE family to be together, so this was a happy day for us to be all together. The only person missing was my brother in law Matt, who was still home in California. I am sure my grandma was happy to see us all together.
The gillmans
The Combes (without matt!)
The Footes
The McEvoysThe Giebels
The Afualos
The Griffin Girls
My angels.
Families can be together Forever. I know this with all my heart. And I know that I will see my grandma cleo, and all my other grandparents, again someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment