Friday, July 27, 2012

Motherhood

Here is what its like being a mother:
taking my heart out of my chest and letting it be vulnerable to whatever wants to hurt it.
You hurt my child, you might as well just put a knife in my heart.
I see my child cry because of you, because of something you said or did,
you might as well just rip my heart to shreds. 
Being a mother: there is no putting a cage around your heart to protect it.
There is no protecting it. I try my hardest to protect my children, from your ugliness and hate,
but there is nothing out there to protect my heart. 
You hurt my child, you hurt me 100 times more. 
I hate the ugliness that people bring into this world, and throw it at my children.
How dare you. 
I hold my child crying in my arms, telling them that the world isn't that bad of a place,
when the proof that it really does suck is beating right in my chest.
I thought my heart suffered a lot when I was a teenager.
That is nothing compared to what it suffers on behalf of my children.
But go ahead and hurt my heart as much as you want, but don't you dare try to hurt my child.
Then you will see ugly momma bear like you have never seen before.
Don't mess with mama.
Yes, this post is dramatic and stupid.
Are you a mother??
If not, just you wait.
If you are, you know exactly what I am talking about.

No comments: