Saturday, December 17, 2011

Gillman Family Christmas Card


Dear Family and Friends:
We want to wish you a very Merry Christmas!!! This year has just been so wonderful and fabulous, we have no complaints! We have been busy enjoying every second of this wonderful christmas season together as a family. Celine, Tage and Aliah are doing wonderfully in all aspects of life. They love the time they get to spend together as siblings, are doing great in school and in all their after school activities. Celine is an absolute joy as a teenager. She never gives us any problems. She was in her school play Beauty and the Beast again this year and had a wonderful experience. She has pulled strait A's every semester and is very busy socially with her friends.
Tage is the best boy there ever was. He loves to play with friends, especially his little sister. He keeps his room clean without asking, and I never have to remind him to do his homework. He is having fun playing soccer, indoor and outdoor. Aliah is doing another year of dance and is enjoying it. Her big moment this year was getting baptized, it was a very special day for our family! She is the sweetest girl ever and never causes any drama. She always does what is asked and never fights with me about anything. I am so lucky to have these 3 perfect children!
Kaleb is busy loving his job and working with his dad and brothers. Family businesses are the best!!! He is 2nd counselor in the Elders Quorum and does a great job at that. We get to spend quality time together every night talking about our great life and our kids and all the many blessings we have.
I am busy being a mom and a Mia Maid advisor. Now that the kids are in school I put myself on a schedule. I make sure my home is clean every day and that there is a home cooked meal each night. I love working in the Young Woman, especially with celine! My children are an absolute joy to me and never cause me any worries. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends whenever I can.
We feel very blessed to have such a wonderful family and to live in such a blessed time! We hope your life is going as wonderfully as ours is at this wonderful, fabulous christmas time.
Merry Christmas to all!!
love: Kaleb, Meg, Celine, Tage and Aliah.


.......
are you all done laughing yet??? :) Ok, here is my REAL christmas letter! :)


Dear Family and Friends:
We want to wish you a very merry christmas! We are glad to have been able to survive another year and be here at this wonderful christmas time again. We try to sneak in moments as a family to spend together and celebrate the true meaning of christmas, but it sure isn't easy. The kids are busy with school, homework, friends, and other after school activities. We are lucky if we get to eat dinner together. Celine has developed a real social life and we miss having her around sometimes, even though sometimes when she is home she's just stays in her room anyways. :) But she is a good teenager and we still enjoy her, miraculously. Tage doesn't exactly love school, but he tries his best and thats all we ask. Him and aliah are either best friends or worst enemies, so you never know what you are going to get. When they get along is wonderful, it sure makes our home more peaceful. Aliah is still sassy and sweet as can be, and you never know what you are going to get from her either. But I know she tries hard to be a good girl. We are lucky to have these 3 kids, even on their worst days. Kaleb is surviving his job and this economy. We just feel grateful that he has a job that is supporting our basic needs as a family. He is always a hard worker, and most of the time the family business is a blessing. I am still adjusting to being home alone during the day, I get lonely sometimes. You think I would have an immaculate house and cook the worlds best dinners, but, there is so many other things I would rather be doing. Like reading a good book. Or watching glee. Or eating at Taco Amigo. :) Its a real adjustment to not be a full time mom anymore, and I do enjoy when my family is all together more now than ever. Our family may not be perfect, but we are grateful that we get to be one. We are so grateful for this Christmas season and to be able to celebrate Our Saviors birth and all the blessings he has given us. We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
We hope you and your families have a happy Chrismtas and enjoy the season!!!
lots of love- the real Kaleb, Meg, Celine, Tage and Aliah.

2 comments:

April McEvoy said...

LOL... Meg, I was seriously wondering what happened to you.. Did my sister really turn into one of THOSE people who paint a perfect picture of their life when the reality is quite different?? I kept thinking about your drama with Tage yesterday as I was reading about your perfect, give you no problem children. You got me!!

The Johnson's said...

Ha Ha Meg.... you make me laugh. So glad that I got to read what the true meaning of Christmas is like at the Gillman's and what glorious things go on at your house!