The older she gets, the harder it is to keep up with all thats going on in her life. I guess you could say she is a very typical teenager in most ways! I think the way she is an usual teenager is that she is a joy to have around. Me and kaleb just never have any problems with her, we rarely have to get mad at her (and lets face it, we don't even really get mad at her. Its more like talking to her.) She pushes herself harder than we ever would and she tries really hard to do what is right and what is expected of her. I enjoy being her mom, I enjoy talking to her and being a part of whats going on in her life.
For one week we had this cute little guy in our family. His name was Jake Finn and he was celines "baby" for a week to take care of for Teen Living. It made me think a lot about being a grandma and I have to admit, the prospect (someday) really, really excites me!!! I am going to be the best grandma. :) She kind of got a taste of what its like to have a baby. She only had one night where she had to put his "cry box" in and see what it was like to be up all night with a baby. He was up quite a bit during the night and she had to wake up early for church, so I think it was a rough night for her. But, I think its a good thing for all teenagers to experience. Having a baby is tough, especially if you are doing it by yourself!! But we had fun with our fake baby and we were all a little sad to see him go.
2 comments:
She looks adorable!! I want a daughter as perfect as she is!
Reading what you wrote about Celine makes me think that she & I are "kindred spirits". I always wanted to do what was right & pushed myself hard. Never fought too much with my parents and always tried todo what they said. So tell Celine she has a bit of her grandma in her.
Post a Comment