Monday, June 13, 2011

Lindon 8th ward Youth Conference!

I had the great opportunity to go to youth conference this year with my ward. It was celines first year too and I was excited for both of us! I haven't been to youth conference since I was about 16! We woke up early, early on a thursday morning and headed to manti, where we were able to baptsims for the dead at the manti temple. This is such a beautiful temples. Everything around it was so green and the temple is on a hill. It was such a great experience for our youth! After that we had lunch where we explained our theme for this youth conference. B.O.O.T. camp. It stands for " building our own testimonies." The kids got camo headbands and dog tags and were split into 4 groups. We headed up to a cabin that a couple in our ward let us stay at. The woman leaders got to sleep upstairs in a loft, the girls down in the basement and the boys all slept outside. It worked out perfectly! Friday we woke up and headed down to the town of Mt. Pleasant where we were doing some service for the rodeo grounds there. Our youth got down to work and accomplished a lot in 2 hours! Painting railings on the benches and picking up rocks so that the horses didn't step on them. I was so proud of how hard they worked! We had lunch at a park and then started our "Amazing Race!" One of the leaders in our ward had spent A LOT of time putting this race together and it turned out so great! The kids had so much fun with their groups going from one task to the next and trying to win! We had a "pit stop" in the middle of the race where each group had to sit down and write their testimony in a book of mormon, it turned out to be one of the highlights for all the youth! When we got back to the cabin, all of us tired and hungry, most of the youth shook it off and went off to work some more to do some service for the cabin we were staying at. What great youth they are!!! We had testimony meeting that night around a fire and it was an amazing experience. I am so amazed at all of our youth, they are strong and courageous. Saturday was clean up and go home. I wish I could go into so much more detail of all that happened at youth conference, but it would be a long post. It was such a great experience for me, and definitely helped build my testimony. It is a great blessing to me to get to work with these youth!!

1 comment:

kelsey and murray said...

what a fun group! meg you are PERFECT for working with the youth, i am sure they love you.