
Today I went to a graveside service at Provo cemetery. In my old ward a few years ago I taught the laurel class, and I had an amazing group of girls!!! One of those girls had a baby last week and he passed away a few hours after he was born. As I watched her today as they buried her son I was overcome with feelings of why this happens to so many people, and many that are so young. I truly believe that these parents are hand picked to be parents of these special little angels. Watching human suffering is one of the hardest things for me, and I cried lots of tears as I watched her so beautiful and composed, holding on to her sweet husband. The Angel Garden is where they bury babies and young children that have passed. As I walked around and looked around the graves, my heart was breaking at how many parents have lost babies just a few days old, and I couldn't help but think of my sweet nephew that passed away over three years ago now. I can't think of anything more heart-wrenching than a mother losing a child, but I know these babies have a special purpose, and I know most of all that they will be united with their parents again someday. As the bishop spoke these words today I again felt assured that the separation of these babies from their families is only temporary. I hope my friend feels peace in her heart and know that she will see her son again someday.
1 comment:
Beautiful words and testimony! I know that many miracles have come from my niece coming to this earth, even if for a short time. I'm so sorry for that Mother!
I would love to get together, July is busy, but I'd love to plan on the first week in Aug. Love you!
Post a Comment