Monday, January 30, 2012

My mother heart.....

As a mother, is there anything harder than seeing your kids sad? Seeing them struggle with things you wish you could take away from them?  That they wouldn't have to learn these hard life lessons, but knowing they will be better people when they do. A mothers heart holds so much, and when it comes to her kids those things are magnified by a 100. Give me any trial in the world and I will face it over having to watch my children struggle with any small heartache. I give advice where I wish I could solve the problem. I give love where I wish I could make their world perfect.  The weight of their sadness weighs on me more heavily than my own ever could. I know by our trials we become better, stronger. But I don't want them to go through trials, but I do want them to become strong, so what is my choice??  I do my best to give them the tools they need to get through life and all of its struggles, but is it enough? As a mother, will I ever give them enough? Its so hard to be a mom, but its also the biggest blessing there is. Their joys are my joys, their sadness is my sadness, their struggles become my struggles. How can I best help them carry these burdens, though they may seem light to me, I know seem so heavy to them. I remember. I remember what its like to be them. I remember how hard life can seem at their age. And I wish they wouldn't have to know that too. That it's hard to be their age. It is. But, I love them enough to let them learn. But I will hold their hand through ever single day, hoping that today they are happy. That today, their troubles are light. That today is a good day for them. I will never stop.

1 comment:

kelsey and murray said...

you are a great momma meg!