Sunday, November 14, 2010

...we seek after these things....

A few days after the school year started celine tried our for her school play AIDA. She had to sing a solo, scary!!! But we were so happy when we found out that she had made the cast as a handmaiden!! Her best friend Lauren also got the same part so I knew they were going to have so much fun together.





We knew this was going to be a big time commitment, but I also knew it would be worth it for celine. To be part of something like this and to have these kinds of experiences are priceless. There were days and sometimes weeks through sept. oct and the beginning of november where I would only see celine a few minutes a day. But she was loving every minute of it. I was anxious to see what she had been doing!
Finally last thursday was opening night of AIDA. Lots of family and friends were there to support celine. All I can say is my heart was filled with pride when I saw her on stage. She was amazing. She was beautiful and she sparkled, the best one out of the bunch. I was so incredibly proud of her. I actually loved the whole play. I thought it was well done for jr. high kids, and I loved the story of AIDA, which I hadnt known before. Three nights and it was over. I know celine is sad to be done, but I know these are memories that she has created to last forever. My daughter is so grown up, watching her interact with the cast and watching boys HUG her!!! It made me see her in a different light. It was a great experience for all of us. So grateful for everyone who came and supported her!! Celine, you were amazing! Love you to pieces.






1 comment:

April McEvoy said...

sad we missed it!
Celine- we are so proud of you and ALL your amazing talents. can't wait to see you all next week!